ENERGY SNAKC - OAT BARS AND DRIED FRUITS
At Wabiks, we know how important it is for you to maintain optimal energy levels during your workouts. That's why we bring you an easy and delicious recipe for oatmeal bars and nuts, ideal as an energy snack before or after your workout.
Oatmeal and Nuts Bars
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ½ cup almond or peanut butter
- ⅓ cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180° C and line a square or rectangular mold with waxed paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, chopped almonds, sunflower seeds, and chia seeds.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, heat the almond or peanut butter along with the honey or maple syrup . Stir until well blended and smooth.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the vanilla essence. Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients and mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
- If you want to add dark chocolate chips, drop them into the mixture and stir lightly.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared mold and press firmly to compact it.
- Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes or until the bars are golden brown around the edges.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.
These Oatmeal Nut Bars are a great option for getting a dose of carbs, protein, and healthy fats. They are easy to take with you and will provide you with the energy you need for your workouts and recoveries.
Enjoy these delicious bars and stay energetic during your sports activities!
PS: Have you tried this recipe or do you have any other energy snack ideas? Share it with us and you could appear in our next newsletter!